Tonight, I'm happy to report, was a good night. No Wiching Hour or psychosis prevailed - though my husband went to sleep before I could transform into my famous Gremlin / Monster. Yes, that was a joke!
We had a really great evening with our girls - iced in from the cold weather. We were able to spend time talking and reconnecting. Rebuilding trust is a very difficult and slow process but it can be done. I was reminded tonight of how important it is to "train our thoughts". Our behavior is dictated by our thoughts. If our thoughts are in order and aligned with God then our behavior should follow.
One of my greatest struggles is controlling my thoughts and keeping my mind in check. I often have to remember Ephesians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."
I have so much to be grateful for in my life and it would do me well to remember those things more frequently. God has blessed me greatly and I need to take a moment to thank Him for who He. It's easy to let my mind linger on the things of this world but it's time to set my mind on things above - as Rick Warren said, "It's not about me".
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment