It's a chilly, wet day today. My children were hoping for a "snow day" or at the very least a school delay. They were a bit disappointed the weather did not cooperate but grateful that it's Friday! It's been a long week for all of us. The days seem to drag on. I wondered if Friday would ever arrive.
We have a lot happening in our family right now. We are house hunting - searching for the perfect home on an acre lot. This is proving very problematic as there is not a lot of inventory in our price range. We are busy with our kids activities and school. I started grad school last semester and my brain is proving to be a little slower than it used to be! My husband is busy with his job and travels here and there. Thankfully, it's not very often or I might go insane! We are busy with our church group and finding time to bond as a family. Nothing out of the ordinary from any other family but it makes me wonder how other people seem to handle the chaos with such finesse.
My latest struggle is house cleaning. It's amazing how quickly the house becomes a dump and I can spend hours and hours cleaning to have it messed up in 20 minutes flat! We finally hired a cleaning service this past week to do a detailed clean of the entire house. It smelled so good when we came home and it shined. Honestly, I keep a pretty clean house since my kids call me the annoying neat freak but it sure was nice to have the little things done for me such as the baseboards, nooks & crannies, the blinds, etc. It really made me happy to have someone clean my house.
Today has turned out to be much better than I anticipated. My oldest got ready for school in plenty of time and was out the door without any major attitude mishaps. My youngest was ready way before I was and we had a nice little drive to school where she sang all her favorite songs on the way. She had me laughing out loud with her craziness and it got me thinking how much I have to be grateful for.
Today I'm doing my best to focus what I have to be grateful for:
Lord,
I am so grateful for the children you have given me.
I am so grateful you gave them very unique and opposite personalities. I enjoy both them very much!
I am so grateful for realizing the enjoyment of the small things.
I am so grateful for someone cleaning my home.
I am so grateful for morning songs and chats.
I am so grateful for another day to hopefully get right what I got wrong yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment