Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anxiously in Awe

I am feeling so anxious right now! Believe it or not, it has nothing to do with my marriage. This is weird territory for me because I'm excited and nervous about something completely off subject...a new house!

We have been searching for a new home for well over two years. Those who know me understand our predicament as far as feeling convicted that God wanted us to wait. We ended up cancelling out of two contracts because we did not feel peace and realized we could not force the issue. We had to wait on the Lord.

We decided to re-start our home search right before Christmas. We found the perfect home on an acre with a pool and it had everything else we wanted. The bad thing was we were bidding against multiple offers and had no idea what the other bids would be. The home was a foreclosure so that added a little spice to things. Unfortunately, we ended up being the 2nd highest bidder and missed out on the home by under a $1,000. What a bummer!

Then, the most amazing thing happened. Our realtor contacted us last week to inform us the buyer of that home had to cancel the contract so the home was back on the market. We submitted another offer and the bank accepted! We are now under contract for this AWESOME home!

I have been so thankful and so grateful for this chain of events. God has perfect timing and the wait has turned into a many blessings. One, we are extremely grateful and humbled by this opportunity. Two, this allows our kids the opportunity to finish out the school year at their current school. Three, we do not have to break our lease and only have a couple of months overlap. Four, it put back in perspective that God is who I need to be looking too and not myself. This would not have happened if He didn't allow it. Five, we wouldn't be in this great situation if we had heeded our own selfish desires. We would be in a home that we "settled" for instead of waiting to see what God would do. The list goes on & on.

I really feel I have learned a valuable lesson through all of this. I honestly never thought we'd find something like this or even be in a position to get it. I'm still in awe over what has transpired. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up for fear something will go wrong. In the end, if it does, I know I'll be fine. I'll be very disappointed but I will be fine. What's more important is that I listen and obey what God desires for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment