Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Save our Marriages

I know I say this all of the time but our marriages are in BIG trouble. Satan is using marriage as his big battlefield and by the looks of it he's winning. Now I know that God has our back and I know in the end God prevails and justice is served. But in the interim, why are we allowing Satan to defeat us? Why are we giving him the power to control our lives? We should be living for our King not bowing to to the prince of this world!

This week alone several people I met or have encountered are going through a divorce or major marital strife. The easy answer seems to be walk away and find what feels good. I want to scream, "GROW UP!" Marriage is not easy, marriage is not constant bliss, marriage not something to try on and if it doesn't fit you discard, marriage is a commitment - a covenant- an everlasting bond. It's til death do us part - AMEN!

This world is becoming more and more perverted. The institute of marriage is disintegrating into something unrecognizable. We need to be intentional in our marriage. We need to pray for our marriage and for others' marriages. We need to teach people what it means to be a husband and a wife. We need to take responsibility for our own actions and stop being so selfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment