Wednesday, June 16, 2010

New Schools

Well life has been a bit crazy around here lately. School finally wrapped up along with all the extra activities. I think the school year ended on a good note and my girls were happy to move up a grade. The next hurdle will be enrolling them in their new school and getting through the attitude of starting a new school.

I oscillate between being worried and knowing it will all work out. I'm sure most of you can relate to that scenario. My 9 year old is a social butterfly. She never meets a stranger and is willing to "put herself out there" to make friends. My 12 year old on the other hand is a bit more reserved and fenced in. She's a beautiful tween who is just starting to figure out who she is and where she belongs. I'm praying that she will love her new school and that it will be an easy transition for her. Most of all I pray she will meet good, Christian friends she can pal around with and feel like she belongs.

I remember growing up and moving my sophomore year. That's a tough year to move and to make matters worse I moved from the south to the north. I never paid much attention to the differences until I realized I didn't talk the same or act the same. It was a tough year and the sad thing is I was excited about moving to a big city with greater opportunities. It scarred me for life but the good news is a few years of therapy and I was OK again...just kidding. High School had it's challenges but college was great!

I have to keep reminding myself that I figured it out and so will my children. Their young enough to have plenty of time to make new friends and feel part of the community. My goal is to continue to pray for both of them and to give them opportunities to make an impact in our small town. I want them to know there is more to worry about than just ourselves. Life can be beautiful if we just let it!

No comments:

Post a Comment