Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted anything. So much has happened that I don't know where to begin. My husband lost his job out of the blue (which is so common these days) back in July. He's been a stay at home dad ever since even though he is diligently looking for a job. He's had a few interviews but no bites yet. I must say though, it's been a great learning experience (how far we can stretch a dollar) and it has worked out tremendously well for our kids.
I decided it's time to take my blogging in a new direction. Honestly, I'm bored with talking about my pain and frustration in my marriage and a big part of the problem is my attitude. I need to focus on me instead of him.
I decided the first thing I need to do is lose some weight. I'm really disgusted with myself right now since I let myself go. I used to ride my spin bike 3-4 days a week and walk on alternate days. Now I'm lucky to get in any exercise. I've been on an emotional eating binge for over a year and a half and gained 25 lbs. I feel terrible and look terrible in my eyes.
Last week was the beginning of a new me. I completely cut out all fast food and set an exercise goal of working out at least 2 times. I set my calorie intact at 1200 to jump start my diet. I met my goal and even survived Halloween candy.
This week I feel much better. I'm down a couple of pounds and rode my spin bike twice already. Tonight I plan to do the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. I hear it's a great work out and will be a nice change to spinning.
If anyone is up to the task, join me in my adventure to become a healthier, happier person. All it takes is one positive change in the right direction.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment