Ahhh, friendship is a beautiful thing. I had one very special best friend growing up in a small town in East Texas. I met her when I was in kindergarten and we still keep in touch over 32 years later. She knew everything about me and me about her. Sometimes when we would get together we never had to say a word. We just knew what the other person was thinking without ever needing verbalize our thoughts.
As I got older, married and had children, I lost the important connection of having good friends. I had "friends" but not ones I would trust completely or share my inner most secrets. I began praying to God to please give me good friends who will "get me" so I can share life with them. God answered my prayers and gave me several amazing friends.
I am so blessed to have these precious ladies in my life. They have helped me through some very difficult times and have always encouraged me and spoken the truth to me. We laugh together and we cry together. We are here for each other through the thick and the thin, no matter what circumstance may arise, we can count on each other for support and encouragement.
I met with these ladies tonight and we shared many stories and struggles of what is going on in our lives. All of us have gone through trying times and some are facing tough decisions. My heart goes out to these women who have bared their souls to me and allowed me a place in their heart. You are all so amazing and so strong. Christ shines brightly through each one of you and I am extremely grateful to be your friend.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you are blessed indeed...
Post a Comment