It happened again last night. The Witching Hour came upon me and I transformed into the scary, psychotic, hateful, little Gremlin. I used to like this Gremlin, she had spunk and words...lots of words...but now I think she's pretty much a pain the rear.
I wish I could claim temporary insanity, invasion of the body snatchers or a terrible nightmare, but reality is I turn into a Gremlin without warning, which is why I call it the Witching Hour - when night falls and emotions rule. This is not my finest hour but thankfully, last night's episode was fairly mild. The Gremlin lost consciousness a few times so reality was able to peak through here and there, but oh, how easy it would be to get lost in the pool of deception & lies.
When we are on this journey to heal our hearts and to rebuild trust, it's easy to believe the lies and follow the trail of fear instead of the truth. It's during this time, the Witching Hour, when we must remain watchful and ready to combat the enemy with every weapon we possess:
"Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addion to all of this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:13-18
We cannot trust our emotions, which play tricks on our minds, but we can trust God's Holy Spirit to lead us and guide us to the truth.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We all act like little gremlins sometimes, don't we? Great Post! You are a good writer.
It's good to know I'm not alone...thanks for the encouragement!
oh, I am not alone... thank you for honesty...
Post a Comment