It's been a while since I've posted anything so I thought I better get on the ball. I had a great week last week. The girls were on spring break and my husband's brother's family was in town for a visit. It was so good to see them. The timing was perfect since our girls were out of school and were able to spend a lot of good quality time with their cousins. They left on Thurs and my youngest is still sad they had to leave. I thoroughly enjoyed our visit and I know my hubby did too!
It was funny because we had 9 people at our house for just under a week and then Thurs morning 5 left to go back to Indiana and then my husband left to go on a golf trip. My oldest daughter ended up going to the lake with a friend so it left just me and my youngest to come home to a very quiet house Thurs evening! It was very strange to have just the two of us and no one else.
I have to confess, I was not overly excited about my husband going on this golf trip. It's an annual event but he has not attended for a couple of years. This is the first time we have been apart since I found out. He used to act out when he was away from his family so this is truly a test for both of us. Anyway, I am doing surprisingly well the last few days. I started to have some anxiety Thurs night but I pulled myself together.
I talked to my husband Friday afternoon and he didn't sound very good. I asked if he was coming down with a cold and he told me no but he had something to tell me. At that moment, I felt sick to my stomach. Then, he told me, he had lost his wedding ring! He normally puts it in his wallet and then in his golf bag. Somehow, it must have fallen out when he bought lunch or snacks and so far, he has not been able to find it. He was very upset and was very nervous about telling me. It seems so ironic and funny that he would lose his wedding ring on his first trip away from me. I'm upset that he lost it for sentimental reasons but I'm not upset with him. I think this is a big step for me and I appreciate his honestly. I pray he finds it or someone turns it in at the golf course. It's a beautiful ring that we had custom made and there is no way to replace it.
I told my mom what had happened and she said, "Well, look at the positive, at least you still have your husband and it was just a ring that was lost. It could have been something much worse." You know what, she is so right. I am lucky and blessed to be where I am and I look forward to my husband's return.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment