Sometimes I feel so inadequate in everything I do. I guess it's kind of normal to feel this way and what I'm discovering is that more and more people I talk to have the same insecurities and feelings that I have. I don't know why I tend to think everyone else is more confident and secure in who they are and where they are. The reality is that most of us struggle with feelings of self doubt or insecurities and it's basically pointless to compare myself to anyone else.
As I float down this river of life I ponder what's around the bend. Will it be calm waters or roaring rapids? Will I be afraid or will I be exhilarated by the challenges up ahead? Will the waters be cold and invigorating or warm and comforting? I picture myself paddling down the river of life, smiling that I'm no longer where I was, eager to know where I'm going but content with where I am.
If I take it a step further, I want to be that girl who jumps in without hesitation, who tries new things without worry, and who trusts that the journey is more important than the destination. Live life to the fullest. Experience new things. Enjoy the life God gave me.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment