Monday, April 20, 2009

Take Back Our Marriages

It is time to take back our marriages! It is time to fight the good fight and restore what has been lost! It is time for radical changes in our marriages and in our personal life!

Everyday I hear about another marriage being torn apart by infidelity, abuse, addictions, selfishness, mid-life crisis, stupidity, anger, incompatibility and well, you get the picture. The trend seems to be an endless list of excuses of why this marriage cannot survive. Because we live in a self serving, all about me society, it's no wonder marriages are failing everywhere. No one is immune to the trend, especially Christians.

As a parent, I ask myself, what values and ideals am I teaching my children about marriage and about life. Am I demonstrating that marriage is a commitment for life? Am I teaching my children to honor their commitments with a happy heart regardless of their feelings? Am I teaching them through my actions to face their struggles head on and persevere or am I teaching them to give up when it seems easier? I believe radical change won't take place until we as parents start to live out our convictions and our beliefs and show our children what a Godly marriage is all about. It starts in our home and it's our duty to know God's Word and to live it out to the best of our ability.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all marriages can be saved. I do believe that God can restore the unimaginable and that He can make the impossible happen. Sometimes, for whatever reason, a marriage has no other option but to end. My point is that we as individuals need to do our part in honoring our commitment and living according to God's Word. Too often we twist and turn the Word of God to suit our needs and desires instead of changing our desires to align with God's Word. We need to be obedient regardless of our situation and regardless of how we feel.

I have been very convicted this weekend of giving in to my emotions and distress instead of doing what I know is right in God's eyes. I have to release these emotions to God and stop dwelling on the negative over and over again. It is a vicious cycle and it needs to stop. I hope you are convicted and committed to obedience every time. God will bless those who are obedient.

Romans 5:19 NET "For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of one man many will be made righteous."

No comments:

Post a Comment