Life is pretty crazy sometimes. I'm happy to report I survived Valentine's Day but I did not write my husband a love letter. Basically, I feel ok with that even though I really wanted to write it, I just couldn't find the words. It didn't makes sense to give him something that would make him sad instead of happy so I decided not to force the issue.
We had a busy weekend. Both of our girls had basketball games and then we decided to venture over to look at a new house. The house was beautiful and had everything we desired, 4 bedrooms, game room, media room, large kitchen and the best part, it was on an acre lot. The price was good and the builder was eager to sell. If only it were that easy...
We have searched and searched for a new home. We were very lucky (Divine Intervention) to have sold our house last April right before the market started to crash. We were getting ready to sign a contract to build a new home when we both felt God was telling us to wait. We had about a week before we closed on our existing home and we had no idea what we were going to do. We didn't want our girls to change schools twice so it was important for us to keep them at the same school. Luck would have it (another Divine Intervention), the very next day, a house in our neighborhood came on the market for rent and we immediatly rented it.
It's truly amazing how faithful God is to our situation when we allow Him the opportunity to reveal His plan to us. So many times we take things into our own hands and force opportunities to arise instead of waiting for His direction. So many times we screw it up and create a much bigger mess for Him to clean up. So many times we make it more difficult than He ever intended causing undue pain and hardship.
I started feeling down about our housing situation since we have waited a long time to be able to purchase a bigger home for our family. My husband will be laid off work the end of this month so we are unable to put an offer on the new home we found. Thankfully, I have a good job that will pay the bills while he searches for new employment. Instead of being disgruntled, I need to be grateful for all God has given us. We have a lot to be thankful for and I have no doubt God will answer our prayer for a new home. Right now, He has other plans for us and I pray we will be obedient and seek Him instead of our own desires. God is good!
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment